Product • 19.08.2014
Casio IT-9000: Ideal for delivery, logistics, supply chain and wholesale markets
The Casio IT-9000 device is now being positioned towards delivery, logistics, supply chain and wholesale markets.
The all-in-one device which is equipped with a built in thermal mobile printer is unique by providing a one stop solution eliminating the need for a separate handheld and printing device, and here is a summary of how it can be specifically used in the above sectors:
- Check Stock Availability – Using the devices 2D scanner to scan items and check inventory availability either that is in transit or in the main warehouse
- Print Delivery Notes/Invoices – The integrated thermal printer allows users to print invoices or receipts immediately to leave with a customer or warehouse as proof of delivery
- Signature Capture – Using the 2.0MP autofocus digital camera, the device can capture images such as signatures for proof of delivery as well as to record evidence of any breakages
- Track Vehicle Locations – The devices GPS signals allow for vehicles to be tracked and monitored, which enables delivery personnel to know the exact locations and expected deliveries of parcels
- Seamless Connectivity With Head Office – With the WWAN capabilities the device can connect and send data in real time to the back office, eliminating time on paperwork at the end of a long shift
- Easily Demonstrate Information – With a large 3.7” VGA Blanview LCD touch panel, users can present the device to customers showing them on screen information such as stock availability and location tracking
- Secure Login For Multiple Users – Equipped with NFC Reader/Writer for smart cards and RFID tags, the device allows users to streamline a secure logging in process, for different levels of security for its users
- Built to Last – The IP54 rating and 1.5m drop spec, ensure the device is built with supply chain and logistics users in mind, the device can survive challenging environments, including multiple drops from multiple users on different shifts.
The IT-9000 has seen recent successes with delivery drivers for Freshways, leading supplier of milk and dairy products – to automate their driver delivery process. Ravi Nijjar, Director at Freshways explains “The majority of human error in the delivery process has been removed which means we have less queries and ultimately receive payments more quickly. In addition, we have made cost savings on personnel and the drivers’ end of round procedure is far quicker.”
more on: portable scanners