Company News • 17.09.2015
Helping brands and retailers fast track international growth
Fashion Without Borders - Focused on selling globally via online marketplaces
On Thursday 17th September, brands and retailers can learn how to fast track their international growth by attending Fashion Without Borders - a free full day event focused on selling globally via online marketplaces.
Hosted by Pentagon, the leading ecommerce service provider for marketplaces, and government body UKTI, Fashion Without Borders will be held at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Great Queen Street, London.
The event will introduce 12 marketplace speakers, from across the globe, and will showcase the potential of selling internationally through pre-established platforms, with high market penetration. Online marketplaces already present an incredible multi-channel selling opportunity for business of all sizes, and are rapidly increasing their foothold in international ecommerce.
Fashion Without Borders speakers include:
- Qingfei Xu: Associate Director at China’s largest direct sales company, JD.com
- Ahmed Alkhatib: CEO and Founder of the Middle East’s leading online shopping community, MarkaVIP
- Smrithi Ravichandran: Director at India’s largest marketplace, Flipkart
- Britt Kritzler, B2C Seller Growth at the UK’s largest marketplace, eBay
- Dorina Brancato, Head of Business Development at France’s most popular home and fashion website, La Redoute
- Aymeric Moser, Marketing Director at Europe’s leading online shoe retailer, Spartoo
- Sean Summers: VP Marketplaces at Latin America’s largest ecommerce ecosystem, MercadoLibre
- Aleksandra Olszewska: Head of Marketplace Operations at market leading Spanish online fashion outlet, Privalia
- Farrukh Syed, CCO Crossborder at Southeast Asia’s number one online shopping and selling destination, Lazada
- Chikodi Ukaiwe: VP, Market Expansion at Nigeria’s largest online shopping mall, Konga
- Andriy Logvin, CEO & Co-Founder of Ukraine’s most popular private shopping club, ModnaKasta
- Celestyna Zachariasz, Category Group Manager of Fashion at the number one fashion etailer in Poland, Allegro
Core panel sessions, run by industry experts on localisation, tax, legal compliance and logistics will provide in depth advice on how to overcome the barriers of cross-border trade.
These sessions will look at:
- Capturing the local approach: from language to sizing
- Evaluating the risks: a financial step-by-step guide to selling internationally
- Understanding and overcoming the legal barriers to entry
- International shipping and international returns: making logistics work for your brand
Throughout the day, four networking sessions will give brands and retailers the chance to meet the marketplaces and industry experts one-on-one, and get answers to those all important questions for your brand.
Laurence Guy, CEO of Pentagon said, ‘following on from our highly successful spring event, we expect the autumn edition of Fashion Without Borders to make an even bigger impact on British retailers. We are introducing more marketplaces, providing expert panel sessions on international ecommerce and offering solutions to transform brands’ overseas offering. This is a fantastic event for any merchant that wants to expand into new markets.’
UKTI, whose E-Exporting Programme has been designed to help UK brands and retailers sell products overseas via online channels, have partnered with Pentagon to host Fashion Without Borders.
Head of their E-Exporting Programme, Denise Harris said, ‘UKTI are delighted to be involved in the second edition of Fashion Without Borders. Engaging retailers with global marketplaces and supporting the international growth of British brands is exactly what the E-Exporting Programme was designed to do. We believe that brands and retailers will get a huge amount of knowledge from this event and we are looking forward to assisting them on their global journey.’
With only two weeks to go and over 250 delegates already confirmed, including the likes of Asda, Debenhams, Dune, Marks & Spencer and New Look, register today to guarantee your seat!
For full details on Fashion Without Borders and to register visit: www.wearepentagon.com/fashionwithoutborders/.
more on: event planning