Seminar on Category Management
"Category Management for beginners and advanced users" on April 13 and 14, 2016
Acquiring knowledge about shoppers and channels, conducting competitive analysis, developing and maintaining close cooperation, imparting your own experience with in-house seminars and training courses – these are the essential job requirements for category managers.
The 2-Day Seminar "Category Management for Beginners and Advanced Users" focuses on this job profile.
The seminar conveys methods and concepts. You will discuss applications and share experiences, in addition to hearing from a guest speaker, who shares his professional field experience.
One focal point of the seminar pertains to shopper research and shopper insights and answers these questions: what consumer research tools should you use for which concern? What insights can you gain?
- Structures and Processes in Category Management
- Collaboration between Suppliers and Retailers
- Consumer Behavior and Consumer Types
- Get informed, search, decide
- The typologies
- How do they differ?
Shopper insights – Pertinent Knowledge
- Segmentation of product groups
- Orientation in the stores and at the shelves
- Planned and impulse buying
- Customer loyalty
Shopper Research – The Methods
- Group discussions and in-depth interviews
- Assisted shopping
- Video surveillance
- Eye tracking
- Recommendations for marketing research studies
Information on Category Management
- For the FMCG category
- For the near-food and non-food category
Decisions and Recommended Actions
- Product variety
- Shelf layout and product placement
- Performance Measurement: How Can You Measure the Success of CM Projects and CM Processes?
Prof. Dr. Hendrik Schröder I Chair of Marketing & Retailing, Director of Category Management I University of Duisburg-Essen
a company representative who talks about his CM experiences.
Event times & place:
- Day 1: April 13, 2016, from 10 am to 6 pm
- Day 2: April 14, 2016, from 9 am to 4 pm
at Mintrops Stadt Hotel Margaretenhöhe, Steile Straße 46, 45149 Essen
For more information, see www.cm-net.wiwi.uni-due.de.