Company News • 26.06.2014
World Retail Congress China to launch in Shanghai for the first time
60 senior retail industry leaders confirmed to speak at the event next week
Led by the long-established global series, the World Retail Congress, the annual gathering place for global retail industry leaders, World Retail Congress China will come to Shanghai for the first time next month with more than 60 speakers from leading brands including 7-ELEVEN China, SPAR China, Lacoste, Salvatore Ferragamo and Harvey Nichols.
World Retail Congress China (developed in partnership with the China Chain Store & Franchise Association) will take place in Shanghai from 2-3 July 2014. The event in Shanghai has been specifically designed for both domestic and international retailers; for those already operating in the market as well as those looking to expand into China. It will bring together over 250 retail industry leaders with more than 60 high profile speakers.
Kate Gallagher, Event Director of World Retail Congress China, commented “We are delighted to be launching World Retail Congress China in Shanghai for the first time. Shanghai is the largest city in China with retail sales set to rise 8% in the next year alone; it is only fitting that World Retail Congress China should be held in such a thriving retail destination”.
Confirmed speakers for World Retail Congress China include:
- Mark Israel, CEO, Value Retail Management China
- Alessandro Paparelli, Regional Executive Director - Asia Pacific, Salvatore Ferragamo
- Nicole Chou, Sales Director / Head of Retail and eCommerce, Facebook
- Suresh Dalai, Merchandise Planning & Operations Director, Ermenegildo Zegna
- Jessica Gleeson, VP, Retail Operations and Development, Claire's
- John Gearing, VP Asia Pacific Region, VF Corporation
- Hannelore Grams, Head of Digital Communication, Nestle
- Tomaz Hladnik, Greater China Area Manager, SUBWAY
- Motonobu Miyake, Senior Vice President, Lawson
- Sarah Young O'Donnell, CEO, Beauty Bazaar Harvey Nichols China
- Sarah Quinlan, Senior Vice President, Master Card
- Kim Jong In, President China, Lotte Mart
- Shinji Uchida, President & Chairman, 7-ELEVEN China
- Junzhou Wang, President, GOME
- Tobias Wasmuht, Managing Director, SPAR China
- Habu Yuki, CEO China, AEON
- Eric Zhu, Director, Lacoste Greater China
- Geping Guo, President, China Chain Store & Franchise Association
- Robert Hah, China Consumer Business Consulting Leader, Deloitte Consulting
During the two-day Congress, the agenda will address critical emerging trends and business opportunities, provide case-studies of industry excellence and share global best-practice across topics including:
- Differences in consumer behaviour and opportunities for expansion into 2nd and 3rd tier cities in China
- Multi-brand strategies – Adapting product and marketing to meet local tastes.
- Value perception – With many low-cost offerings across China competing on price alone is rarely an option.
- Building Online Strategy - Direct-to-consumer e-commerce sales in China grew 42% in 2013. Focus on how to optimise customer experience and integrate omni-channel in marketing campaigns.
- M-Commerce - China is now the world’s largest market for active Android, iOS smartphones and tablets. A look at how to successfully integrate mobile strategies.
- Traditional Retail Revamp – Innovation in traditional retailing and staff incentives.
- Luxury - China has become the paramount driver of luxury growth. The key is now to differentiate brand offerings both on and off line.
- The self-expressive Chinese Consumer – Understanding consumer desires, shopping habits and purchasing trends across multiple platforms.
The congress will take place at the Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai on 2-3 July. For further information visit www.worldretailcongress.cn.
Source: i2i Events Group