Company News • 31.03.2011
Zebra Technologies Introduces Z-Band Fun® and Z-Band Splash® Wristbands
Economical wristbands for single day use and durable, water-resistant wristbands for multiple day use.
Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, announced the immediate availability of the Z-Band® Fun and Z-Band®Splash wristbands. The economical bar coded wristband solutions are ideal for amusement, theme and water parks, sporting events and concerts. The wristbands which are available in a range of vibrant colours promise to create a splash in the hospitality, amusement and attraction market.
The Z-Band® Splash wristband features a durable, water-resistant adhesive which is perfect for water parks, resorts and cruise lines whilst the Z-Band® Fun bar coded wristband, used with direct thermal printing, can offer entertainment venues significant benefits compared with RFID equivalents.
“The barcoded Z-Band® Fun and Z-Band® Splash wristbands offer cashless payment and data capture benefits similar to RFID, but at a significantly lower cost,” said Elaine Wilkinson, Supplies Product Manager EMEA, Zebra Technologies Europe. “Durable, bar coded wristbands can help venues speed up transactions, reduce ticket fraud and improve the overall visitor experience.”
Z-Band® wristbands enable:
- Cashless point of sale (POS) and increased spending per visitor
- The ability to capture visitor preference information. Attractions can then use this collected data to market to future guests
- Visitor prioritisation: wristband flood coated colours, graphics and barcodes can indicate which services a visitor is eligible for—and allow the business to offer benefits to preferred customers, such as shorter lines or free lockers or beverages
Z-Band® wristbands also allow amusement and attraction venues to:
- Reduce ticket fraud and revenue losses associated with counterfeits and theft
- Improve transaction speeds by simple wristband scanning versus exchanging cash
- Enhance each visitor’s experience by increasing convenience
- Enjoy lower total cost of ownership compared to RFID wristbands