Company News • 14.02.2011
G&D Presents Complete Solutions for Mobile Security Applications at the Mobile World Congress 2011
On its stand at the Mobile World Congress (February 14 to 17 in Barcelona) Giesecke & Devrient is presenting complete security solutions for the next mobile wireless generation (LTE), machine-to-machine communication (M2M), NFC applications and mobile transactions (mobile payment, banking and ticketing). These will be of particularly great interest to network providers, public authorities and banks. For these and other customers requiring a high level of security G&D will be showcasing interesting new developments on Stand B65 (Hall 8).
Giesecke & Devrient’s stand features themed islands where the security specialist will be presenting its solutions grouped according to various areas of application.
- On the NFC Payment and Transit island G&D will spotlight mobile payment and ticketing systems. The company’s cell phone solutions make it possible for example to buy train tickets or pay for admission tickets by means of near field communication (NFC). G&D not only supplies the requisite hardware but also provides solutions for the secure transmission and personalization of sensitive applications.
- On the Mobile Money island Giesecke & Devrient will demonstrate the possibilities that already exist today for conducting financial transactions securely by cell phone. Such solutions are interesting not only for developing and newly industrializing countries, where many people do not have a bank account. G&D and Halcom recently introduced a new system for Telenor Serbia which provides cell phone access to an existing bank account. This enables customers to transfer money and, if the cash register is equipped with the system, to also pay for purchases by cell phone.
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communication technology is becoming increasingly widespread, for example in motor vehicles, vending machines and to read electricity, water and gas meters automatically. G&D supplies particularly robust SIM cards for use with such systems and a server software platform for remote management of M2M SIMs and modules. The portfolio of G&D also includes solutions for securing the transmission of sensitive data in M2M communication against external attacks.
- The Subscriber Experience Management island will, among other things, demonstrate the secure remote administration of SIM cards and handsets over the mobile network. The solutions here are of interest to network operators and application providers. They enable over-the-air applications and electronic identities to be transmitted and also make it possible to send security keys to mobile devices and to SIM and microSD cards.
- In the Secure Voice and Messaging area Giesecke & Devrient will present solutions for effectively protecting phone calls, text messages and e-mails from unauthorized access. These include secure microSD cards supplied by G&D for encrypting mobile communication.
- MobiCore from Giesecke & Devrient combines the openness of flexible operating systems for handsets and netbooks with the highest security standards. Sensitive applications such as electronic payment and online banking by cell phone are effectively protected from security threats by the interplay of ARM® TrustZone® technology, which creates a protected area in device chipsets such as Qualcomm’s Snapdragon™, and the highly secure MobiCore© operating system developed by G&D.
This year’s Mobile World Congress takes place from February 14 to 17 in Barcelona. Giesecke & Devrient will be exhibiting in Hall 8 on Stand B65.