Company News • 30.04.2014
World Retail Congress Award 2014 announces Call For Entry
Now in its eighth year the prestigious annual World Retail CongressAwards are open, attracting entries from hundreds of retailers from over 50 countries across the world.
The Awards commence on the 30th September at the historic, Salle Wagram in Paris, held during the World Retail Congress, showcasing both finalists and winners in front of over 500 people.
The Awards are internationally open to retailers of all sizes, “It’s a fantastic award. It’s great to be recognised by the industry and by our peers." Jon Kamaluddin, International Director, ASOS.
The World Retail CongressAwards 2014 are pleased to confirm the entry categories include:
- Store Design
- Growth Market Retailer
- Pure Play Online Retailer
- Omni channel Retailer
- CSR Initiative of the Year
- Customer Experience of the Year
- Best New Retail Concept
- Retail Advertising Campaign
- Outstanding Leadership Award
- Retail Transformation and Reinvention Award
The Grand Jury for 2014 is made up of international heads of retail businesses that will decide the 2014 shortlist and winners. With some jurors serving since the launch of the Awards 8 years ago, as well as some new faces, the roll call of retail elite who will be reviewing the entries is stronger than ever. These include:
- Bernie Brookes, CEO , Myer
- Bijou Kurien, Strategic Advisor, L Capital (Asia)
- Paul Charron, Campbell Soup Company, Chairman
- Richard Simonin, Executive Chairman, Limoni Group
- Rick Darling, CEO, Li & Fung US
- Andrew Jennings
A selection of the top winners of the 2013 World RetailAwards included:
- Supply Chain Initiative ofThe Year:Debenhams - 'Endless Aisle'
- Store Design ofthe Year > 1200sqm: Shinsegae Department Store - Uijeongbu, South Korea (JHP Design)
- Store Design ofthe Year < 1200sqm: Shoes of Prey - Sydney, Australia
- Emerging Market Retailer ofthe Year: Cacau Show, Brazil
- Pure Play Retailer of the Year: vente-privee.com
- Omnichannel Retailer ofthe Year: F&F
- Customer Loyalty Initiative of the Year: HSN - 'Captivating audiences through Partnerships and Gamification'
- Retail Advertising Campaign of theYear: Tesco - Christmas 2012 Campaign (Wieden& Kennedy)
- CSR Initiative of theYear: Migros - 'Generation M'
- Best New Retail Launch: Jumia
- Retail Technology Initiative of theYear: ASOS - "Fit Visualiser" powered by Virtusize
- Retail Transformation and Reinvention Award: Coles
- International Retailer of the Year: LVMH
- Outstanding Leadership Award: Yves Carcelle
- Retailer of the Year:WholeFoods
The deadlines for your entries are the 23rd of May. Find out how to enter here.
Source: i2i Events Group